Monday, August 6, 2007

An evening at the beach!



Last night we decided to go over to the Destin Commons for a little shopping and a little Starbucks. We loaded up the kids and called Lynette and the girls and invited them to join us. John finally bought some flip flops. He has been against wearing these until he tried on my pair which are crocs, and he loved them. So anyway, we went there for that initally but pick up a few other things since it was a tax free weekend here in Florida. Then we all headed over to Henderson Beach to watch the sunset. We all brought our chairs and beach blankets. It was so enjoyable to just sit and listen to the waves and feel that cool breeze on your face. We are so blessed to live here! God is so good to us! I love spending time with family and making memories. After losing Dad a few months ago, I want to spend even more time with family and friends and enjoy life with them. I love taking pictures to have to help remember times spent with loved ones. So what about you? What memories are you making with friends and family? Any ideas of fun things to do that are cheap, (or even better yet . . . free!) are welcome here! Post a comment and let us know what you do with your family that is fun and memorable.
God is so kind to us isn't he?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your pictures, Brandi. Your family is so funny! Family is so great--I am glad Lynette and the girls are here with you, and I can't wait to be closer to my family too.

Love you guys,
Cassie

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update Brandi...not sure what you were referring to on my blog. GREAT pics! My favorite around here is the beach or someone's pool or fun family nights at home. Free, easy and fun! We love your family and are so glad the girls and Lynette are here! :)

Kendra said...

I love playing games! One fun thing that I did with E & B a few weeks ago is we made their playroom into a tent... it was fun to be creative :) And we laughed a lot! I love the pics of you and your family enjoying each other... the smiles are infectious~ Just one request you in more pics with them!!!! hehe ;) You guys are such a blessing to me and to our church I am so thankful God brought you to us!

Kendra said...

Okay I have to stand corrected I guess I have just seen the begining of your slideshow a few times... I didn't see all the cute ones with you in them~~~ Disregard earlier comment :)

Family W said...

Yes he is! It looks like you guys had a blast. :) Oh and I love the slide show thingy. Blessings, Lynn

Anonymous said...

Fun to see your family. I love pictures too.

God is good!!!

Happy late anniversary, beautiful roses, sweet husband, cute apron.

Iturblog said...

Awe that looked like such fun! Yes God is so good! We love going to the beach too (Tristen loves looking for shells and "jumping when the waves come"!). Also we enjoy going to the beaches, marinas, and boat docks here on base and looking for crabs and "silly fish" as Tristen calls them. Danny catches them (with "help" from Tristen!) and we bring them home and cook and eat them! Well, Danny and Tristen eat them...I don't enjoy shellfish or much fish to eat, but still enjoy the fun times together with my family! God is so great to allow us the joys of family!

Unknown said...

Looks like y'all had a blast! Y'all are so crazy. Seriously make me laugh. :) Have a great time in Orlando!