Wednesday, August 15, 2007

When Sinners Say "I Do"

Okay many of you know that I usually am not an avid reader . . . but God is helping me to see my need for gaining wisdom by reading really good books. I put a link list on the left side of my blog so you can see what I am currently reading. Now, I won't be reading all these all the time but I like to read a little here and there from each book until I finish them. But I have to say when I started reading this book by Dave Harvey, I couldn't put it down. Here is what the back of this book says:

Marriage is the union of two people who arrive at the altar toting some surprisingly large luggage. Often it gets opened right there on the honeymoon, sometimes it waits for the week after. The Bible calls it sin and understanding its influence can make all the difference for a man and woman who are building a life together. When Sinners Say "I Do" is about encountering the life-transforming power of the gospel in the unpredictable journey of marriage.
Dave's writing style embraces the reader as he speaks honestly, and sometimes humorously, about sin and the power of the gospel to overcome it. He opens the delightful truth of God's word and encourages the reader to see more clearly the glorious picture of what God does when sinners say "I do."

Let me just say, this book is not just for newlyweds. This is for any couple desiring to have a God glorifying marriage! This is a book worth reading!

2 comments:

Family W said...

I've see this one, and it's on my list of books I want to read! Right now, I'm reading 'Shopping For Time' by the Mahaney girls....it's so good too! :)

Anonymous said...

Ryan got me this book and SHOPPING FOR TIME for my birthday and I finished SFT very quickly! I usually read a few books on diff. topics at a time but just could not put SFT down. Thanks for the comment on this book that I look forward to reading! :)