Monday, August 20, 2007

Shrimp Boil


Yesterday we were blessed to be able to be apart of something we had never done before. A Shrimp Boil! After church, the care group leaders and their families and the pastors and their families met at Henderson State Park for a day of fun in the sun! It was a beautiful day! The tourists have went back home since school has started, so the beach was quiet and the water was warm and inviting.
We then ate dinner together, the most interesting way! They had a Shrimp Boil. We had never been apart of something like this so did not know what to expect. They boil up corn on the cob, potatoes, sweet onions and shrimp in a big 'ol pot and when it was ready, they just dumped it right on the table! Now this is some down home, southern style, help yourself kind of meal! For those of us who do not eat shrimp, they were kind enough to prepare the same thing in a different pot but with sausage instead of shrimp. It was very yummy!



We all brought side dishes and desserts to go along with our meal. The corn on the cob was my favorite! I am an Indiana girl so I miss all the corn we would eat in the summertime back home. There is nothing better than eating a fresh ear of corn with butter drippin' down your chin! Anyway, after dinner we all sat down on the beach and watched the sun set and enjoyed the cool breeze. After a hot day, that breeze felt so good I could have sat there all night.
We are so blessed to live here and get to enjoy the beach, and also the wonderful friendships we have been blessed to have with our church family at CrossWay Community Church! God is so good to us!

6 comments:

Debi Walter said...

Brandi, I have never had the opportunity to take part in a Shrimp Boil, and I'm a Florida girl. It sounds wonderful and the pictures make my mouth water. I am blessed every time I read your posts and see how God has placed you in Niceville for "such a time as this!" God is so good.

Camp Hope said...

Brandi, Hey, it looks good! I'm like you though, I would have to pass on the shrimp! :)
Love and miss you guys.

Billie

Family W said...

Oh what fun! We've never been to a 'shrimp' boil, but we have been to a 'lobster' boil. I passed on the seafood and ate all the other stuff. :) This looks like a great way to fellowship and spend time together. I'm glad you guys had such a great time. What beach do you guys go to? Destin? I'm glad there aren't as many tourists now too!! :) God bless you and your family. Lynn.

Anonymous said...

Those pics are awesome! That was a lot of fun!

JaneEllen

Tammy said...

That looks like so much fun! I think a road trip to Destin is in the future. We've been there once and loved it. You are making some great memories up there. How kind of God to allow for such a thing to happen to a great family!

Anonymous said...

OH man Brandi...no I want "Low Country Boil" as my Daddy calls it! I grew up on this...only he does ALL the ingredients you mentioned in one pot (shrimp AND sausage!) YUM! Good stuff. I have the seasoning so I should do it here soon...but we never dumped it on the table...just from the pot to the bowl! :)