Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Past Birthdays


Kristen was blessed to be born on her Papaw's birthday! They had this special day to share together every year. Today has been hard, I think harder on me than her. How I miss him. But God is kind to remind me that he gave me a precious gift that happened to be on my Dad's birthday and that in remembering him every year on this day, I get to celebrate Kristen's life and remember all the special birthday's they had together. We have so many good memories of this day! My dad was such a good sport . . . he had Barbie, Minnie Mouse, Princess and Strawberry Shortcake birthday parties! Above are a few pictures of past birthdays.

3 comments:

Kendra said...

What an awesome treat to be able to celebrate Kristen and your Dad... I am sure that you are missing him. Thank you for sharing these sweet pics!

Anonymous said...

What a special blessing to be able to share a birthday with a special person. Happy Birthday Kristen! I love your curly hair in the pics! So cute!

Camp Hope said...

Brandi,
You REALLY made me cry with this one! :( I can't believe God's grace to allow us such a special time with Dad last year! He LOVED all those people coming together to celebrate his birthday. I miss him SO much. I know how proud he would be to see our house going up, and I can't help but think of him when I look at it, wishing he could see it. Sniff, sniff. I think I've cried more this month, thinking about him than I have so far. Time isn't healing anything, it's becoming more and more of a reality that he's gone. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Love ya! Billie