Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I have great friends!


Wow! Was I ever so surprised last night! The ladies in our care group plus a few more, threw me the best 35th birthday party ever! I have never had a surprise birthday party so I was not expecting this at all! They got me good!!!! Shelly and Tiff showed up at my front door and blind folded me and kidnapped me! After much driving around (so Chrissie could get herself and my kids to the destination before I got there) we arrived at Lynette's house where I was totally surprised to see everyone gathered there all for me! They had a beach theme and decorated the house all up like the beach because I LOVE THE BEACH! And they all carried in Mexican food because I LOVE MEXICAN FOOD and our care group ladies make the best!!! It was so awesome. I just couldn't believe it. I had NO clue this was happening. I am thankful I showered and looked half way decent! Oh my! I got some cool patio lights for my patio and a group of them went in together and gave me a gift certificate to OOH LA LA for $95! WHOA! For those of you who do not know, OOH LA LA is a wonderful little boutique that sells Sorrelli jewelry. I am not much of a jewelry lover but this stuff is amazing! John bought me a necklace and earrings in Feb. and I just love it! I have Spring Rain so I decided to start a new collection of Pina Colada. I just love it! Thank you ladies so much for all you did for me. Just setting aside a night to come and be with me means so much. I love you all so much and am so happy that God sent us here to be apart of your lives. It is such a joy to just live life with you all. You are our family and we are so grateful to God for you! God is just too good to us to have brought us here. We feel at home and that is such a great feeling! Thank you for making all that great food too! You guys are amazing cooks! Cassie, thank you for making that delicious cake! I love that you love to bake like me! Chrissie, you really made me believe you were just coming over to spend the night! I had no clue! Your lies are so believable! I forgive you though! :o) To everyone else, thank you, thank you, thank you! You guys made my birthday so wonderful! I will NEVER forget this birthday! I love you all very much and am so thankful for each of you.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful surprise!! I'm so glad you had a great birthday!! You deserve to be spoiled!! miss you bunches!! Vickie

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful surprise!! I'm so glad you had a great birthday!! You deserve to be spoiled!! miss you bunches!! Vickie

Anonymous said...

HA HA!!! I am SO glad that you enjoyed your surprise party!!! It was alot of fun decorating for it! And making your cake! Maybe we could have a bake day soon! Love ya!
~Cassie

Anonymous said...

BTW: You forgot to say that Johnathan got you that Dove chocolate! He was SO sweet! And Nick was too cute when he tried to give you his dollar!!! Love you!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you had no idea! Yeah, someone had to do the dirty work for the party! So they thought well lets bring in the big gun! After all, I've learned from the best! haha! Just kidding! I am so happy you forgave me! Love you!

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

WE SO LOVED SURPRISING YOU. AND I CAN HONESTLY SAY I NEVER LIED TO YOU. I DID WANT TO CALL YOU TUES. ABOUT SOMETHING BUT KNEW I WOULD FEEL WEIRD IF YOU TOLD ME YOUR EVENING PLANS OR ASKED ME ANYTHING ABOUT MINE...SO I DIDN'T EVEN GO THERE! I DID CALL POOR CHRISSIE...I HAD NO IDEA SHE WOULD BE AT YOUR HOUSE!

GO GLAD YOU GOT THE ITEMS YOU WANT FROM OHH LA LA...THEY LOOKED SO PRETTY ON YOU! :)

YOU ARE SUCH A BLESSING TO US ALL! :)
LOVE YOU MUCH!

Iturblog said...

Awe how sweet! :) So glad there were loved ones surrounding you-especially with John being away. I love that they surprised you! What a blessing our church and caregroups are, eh? :)