Thursday, April 3, 2008

Be still and know that He is God . . .



Be still, and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10
This verse always makes me stop. It speaks to my soul. The Lord knows how hectic life can be and exactly what I need, to be still and realize that He is God.As I meditate on this verse I ask the question, "What does being still look like? And just what does God want me to know about him?"Here are some thoughts:
Quiet your mind, calm your heart, and realize that He is in ultimate control of what touches your life. Listen to what He has to say. Really listen! Allow Him to speak to your heart.
Delight in Him. Be content and know that He is aware of all your needs even before you ask. Wait patiently. He is working in you and through you. It may take weeks, months, and even years to complete. Don't worry! What may seem like unanswered prayers is actually His perfect timing for you and those in your life.
In everything be thankful! He is all-powerful, all- wise, loving, just, patient, and so much more. You can trust Him with your life.
"Be still, and know that I am God."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this!!!As you know, this is EXACTLY what God has been saying to me!! I want to listen to Him and learn to be steadfast, content, and joyful in the times of waiting!!! Many times I think, "why Lord?...how long Lord?" and He comes back with "Be still and know that I am God" That gives me such hope and courage to face each every day!!!!!! Love you!!!! ~Lynette

Debi Walter said...

What a great reminder, Brandi! I have not been active in the blogosphere lately, so I just finished catching up on your posts! I'll be praying for your surgery this month! It will be nice to finally have this issue taken care of. Keep us posted (literally!) Not in the way your daughter does though with sticky paper! :-)