Sunday, February 18, 2007

Sunday, Feb. 18, 2007

Dad made it through the night with no more seizures. The neurosurgeon came in this morning and said that they were weaning the sedation meds down again to see if Dad would wake up. His foot would respond to stimuli at times and at others times he did not. He wouldn't open his eyes or squeeze our hands at all. He spiked a temp again and his hemoglobin was down again to 7.6 so the gave him 2 more units of blood. While we went back to visit at 5 p.m. the nurse was shaving him. He began to have tremors so they gave him more seizure medication and increased the sedation medication again. He calmed down quickly this time and was resting comfortably again.

We look to scriptures daily to give us strength. God is our refuge!
Psalm 46:1 - God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
Psalm 46:10-11 - "Be still and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!" The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress.

Dear God,
I thank you for today and how you have brought us all back together. I thank you that you love us so much that you sent your son to die for us, taking the wrath we deserve. Your love is a mystery to me and I will never understand why you would choose to love a sinner like me. I thank you for the blood of Jesus that forgives me daily of my sin. You are my refuge and I take comfort in knowing you are my God and Savior! Lord, I thank you that you love my dad even more than I do and that his life is in your hands. Thank you for extending to him this amazing grace that I stand in awe of. You are worthy to be praised and I give you glory for all you have done and what you are going to do. I trust in you and I know you will continue to be faithful to those who love you. I pray you will touch mom tonight and encourage her. Reassure her of your love for her and bring her peace only you can give. Lord, you are an awesome God and I love you with my whole heart. I pray all of this in Jesus name . . . . Amen.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been checking in all day for an update. So glad to hear that you have had a good day and that the peace of God has you totally encompassed. Your prayer is beautiful and speaks so clearly of God's mercy and grace to you. You are all in our prayers. Amy and family have been here for 2 nights as they have no water pump...maybe tomorrow. She said she'll e-mail tomorrow. She is in the process of giving 6 baths right now!

Laura said...

Thank you for the update. I saw you had Ps. 46:10 on your blog already. It was one of the verses I was going to post on your blog. I say that verse to myself almost daily to get through each day, sometimes just to get through each minute. I have also been reading/studying in
II. Corinthians chapters 4&5. The last part of ch. 4 has especially been a source of comfort, peace, and strength to keep on keeping on by fixing my eyes on Jesus, knowing He has already conquered everything for me! We are praying for all of you daily. We love you so much! So thankful you know Jesus as your personal Savior and you know He is your strength and source of joy!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update Brandi. Was glad to learn of your blog. We are praying for and with you. What an example you and your family are to me in the midst of this trial. Isn't God good to love us and extend His Grace into our lives? May you continue to find strength, peace and comfort in HIM! MISSING y'all but knowing that you are called to serve family in this. Isn't God good to place you there? We love y'all!

Anonymous said...

Hi Brandi(et al)!

Lynette has been keeping me updated, this is my first time to your blog. I just wanted you to know that we are all praying for you and you are on our hearts. We are praying for peace, comfort, wisdom and healing among other things. Isn't it wonderful to know that our God hears us when we pray? We know that our God is sovereign and He is taking care of everything.
Please give our love to everyone!

Anonymous said...

Brandie this is Jean Im in Tennessee
Im praying for you dad Just know my heart is with you all and I send my Love your way tell your mom for me ok .