Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Just wanted to request prayer for travel mercies for my family as we head back to Florida. I really am torn as to what to do, as I want to stay by mom and dad's side. We don't know how long this will last and what the future holds. I feel I need to get my kids back home and back to a schedule and John needs to return to work. So, I am going to go with them and if needed, I will fly back. My sister Billie is here with mom 24/7 as her family returned to MO. today. My sister Bonnie is here as well in the afternoons after work. My brother comes up when he can. Lynette and the girls are here and they are suppose to fly back to Orlando tomorrow, although they do not know what to do either so that is still questionable whether they will go back tomorrow or not.
I will still be updating this blog but tomorrow I will be traveling so I won't be able to update it until Friday. You can feel free to call any of us for information if you need to.
They decided to hook Dad up to the EEG machine again today and have it ready for when they start decreasing his sedation either tonight or tomorrow. It was when they would wean him off the sedation when he would have seizures so if this happens again, the EEG will track that. So please be in prayer that tomorrow Dad will wake up and have NO seizures! God is able! Thank you so much for your prayers. We love you all. We cannot thank you enough for your thoughtfulness and kindness to our family.

Lord, watch over Dad and heal him I pray. I pray that your will be done with his life and with ours. We all love him so much and it is so difficult to see him lay there. I pray if it is your will for Dad to wake up, he will do so without any difficulties and be seizure free. We know you are able to heal and we ask you to do just that. Give us all a fresh since of your presence and clarity in decision making. I ask you to wrap your loving arms around mom and that she feels your presense with every move she makes. Give her courage and strength to deal with the doctors and help her to know your will so she has peace in any hard decision she has to face. Watch over my family and bring us closer to you and to each other through this. I love you Lord and I thank you for all you have done for us. You are worthy to be praised no matter our situation. Our joy comes from you and not our circumstances! Thank you for that! . . . . . Amen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Brandi - I love you, and I am praying for your Dad and for your family. I appreciate your blog and everything that you stand for. The prayers at the end of your updates have been so uplifting for me. Thank you for being so obedient to the Lord.

I'm sorry I didn't get to see you while you were here in Indiana, but I will see you sometime later.

Love,
Cousin Jamie

Anonymous said...

Dear Brandi and Family
I am so grateful for you to update this site. Your family is in our thoughts and prayers daily. The day after your dad's accident, my half sister Angie lost her baby. She was in her seventh month of pregnancy. On the 20th, my sister Debbie had surgery. We are waiting on her results hoping for it to be negative for ovarian cancer. So far it appears to be in her favor. After leaving the hospital, we were then informed that our great aunt had been hospitalized with congestive heart failure, fluid on the lungs and body, and in the first stages of kidney failure. I want you to know that your family has left a lasting, positive impact on my life, and no doubt, has touched many others. From the type of marriage that they have, to their sense of humor, warmth, and welcomming personalities, their faith, and un-judgemental personalities. I remember staying all night there as a kid on sunday mornings, having everyone in the car waiting on your mom to finish her hair spraying, emerging looking flawlessly beautiful, with the sound of the car honking and your dad saying "Sandra, were going to be late", then smiling from ear to ear upon seeing her. One of the things that I have always admired about your dad was him taking his family to church. When Rob and I first moved back to Grant Co. I used your dad as an example in the men that I admire the most and why I admire them. Between your parents and my great aunt, they both played a huge role in solidifying the type of marriage that I wanted as a young person, and have now as an adult. From their walk with God, to their walk with each other. People don't realize that we are always being wached, and how our lives impact the lives of others. Not always by what we say, but mostly what we do and how we live our lives, leading by example. I see a lot of people talking the talk, but it always amazes me when I see people walking the walk. That is what really matters, walking the walk, and as long as we are walking with God, everything else falls into place, and not much else matters. It is my hope to get to Ft. Wayne on saturday to see your family. I will continue to pray for your dad, mom, and family. You are being such an awesome inspiration to me and many others during this difficult time. I pray that God gives you all strength, wisdom, courage, and fills you all with peace, as well as a comeplete recovery for your dad. I pray for Gods perfect will to be done and for blessings to flow upon your family. I pray also for your safe travel mercies. I will continue to keep your dad and entire family in my daily prayers.
Much Love and Prayers to you all.
Julie Brown and Family

Anonymous said...

John, Brandi, & Family,

We are praying for safe travel for all of you, Lynette and girls included. We love you all so much and are praying for all of your families daily. I keep thinking and singing the song "How great is our God". We know we serve a great and awesome God who is able and does things better & far beyond anything we could ask or imagine. We thank you God for the faith you have given all of Howard's family. What an encouragement to all to see the steadfastness and trust they have placed in You, their God. You are the awesome loving and faithful Father!! Dear God continue to make Your Glory known to all who see & hear as You work wonders in the lives of Howard, Sue, their children, families & friends. May You receive all the glory and praise dear Jesus! Amen!

Love,

Laura