Saturday, February 17, 2007

9:52 pm Sat.

Well, on the way home tonight my sister in law called and said that dad had another seizure and it lasted 35 minutes this time before the nurse got him calm. The nurse was giving him a bath and had rolled him to his side to wash his back and he started having the seizure. They gave him more of the seizure medicine that they were trying to wean him from earlier and it finally stopped. His temp. then went up to 102.7. He is on the cooling blanket again and they gave him Tylenol. John was going to turn around and take me back to just stay the night, but the visiting hours are over at 9 and we cannot see him through the night. He just thought I would want to be close. It isn't that I don't want to be there, but I have placed Dad's in Christ's hands and I have complete peace and comfort in Him! My sister in law and my sister are there with my mom along with 2 of my nieces and they all are so wonderful to mom. They have served her so graciously and with such a servant's heart. To them I say, I love you and I thank God for you!

Dear Lord, watch over my dad tonight. Wrap your loving arms around him and let him feel your presence with him. I pray you will continue to bring down the swelling on his brain and that you will protect him from more seizures. Continue to give his caregivers wisdom and a caring attitude for Dad. I pray if it is your will, that you will heal him right now where he lays. But Lord I also trust you and your plan . . . if it is your will to take him home to be with you, then I pray that you take him quickly. Whatever your will is . . . .that is what I ask of you. Bring glory to yourself through this. Lord I also pray you will open up my brother's eyes and that he will repent and call you Lord. Use us Lord . . . . "whatever it takes". Lord, that was my father's prayer a couple of weeks ago . . . . grant it Father I pray. ~Amen

No comments: