Thursday, February 22, 2007

Change of Plans

Well, we were back to Marion last night when my sister Billie called and said the nurse talked with them and was very honest with them. She was trying to prepare Mom that the doctors will be asking her hard questions in the next couple of days. They are doing some more testing today and we hope to find out more information. I will update more later today when I have more information. I just wanted everyone to know that John and I didn't leave for Florida after all and we are here with mom at the hospital. Thank you for your continued prayers. Thank you for all your comments on this blog. I read them to mom daily and they have brought so much encouragemnet to us all. And Julie, thank for what you wrote. That blessed mom so much and we all had a good laugh remembering those Sunday mornings waiting on mom in the van with Dad. That was so funny!

Lord, thank you for friends who stand in the gap with us. Thank you that you use our friends and family to bring us encouragement when we need encouragement. You are so kind to us and we do not understand why you are so good to us. But we thank you and we praise you for who you are and how you care for us. I pray that you help us through this day and give us clarity in knowing what to do and wisdom in decision making. Help mom today to continue to draw from your strength and help us bring her comfort in this difficult time. We love you so much and we know you have planned each new day for us and we give this day to you. Be with Dad and touch his body and heal him we pray. Nothing is too difficult for you . . . . your will be done. Amen.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Brandi & Family,
Your Dad and all of you have been in my thoughts and prayers since I heard about what happened. Brandi, you have such amazing faith thru everything that is happening. It is so inspiring. I know your Dad and Mom have that same faith and you will all get thru this. I too have good and happy memories of Teresa and I spending the night with you as kids. Your Dad always made us laugh, we had so much fun. I love you guys and will continue to pray for you all.
Debbie

discerning spirit said...

Brandi,

It is truly a blessing to be an encouragement to others when you are in the midst of your own storm. I just found out about your dad and in reading over your site I have been truly blessed by your family’s strength, faith and courage. Some of my fondest childhood memories are of visits with your beautiful family. I will cherish them always. Please tell your mom, Bonnie, Billie and Buddy that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I love you and I am praying for you all!

Love Tyila

Unknown said...

Dear Brandi, Lynette, and family,
May our gracious Lord JESUS hold you in the palm of His hands in these next few days and give you the mercy and grace to go through whatever HE has planned for your dad and all of you. Take comfort in knowning that your dad knows Jesus and is safely in His arms even as He lies there tied to so many machines. He may not be responding to you but he IS responding to His Lord!

Anonymous said...

hey brandi and john... and kids and the whole family...

i just thought i would let you know that our whole family, and church family have been praying for you and you family! your dad and all of you are praying for you guys! we love you, and if you need anything while you are in indiana, give us a call!!! my dad is off all the time and i am sure he would be there as soon as he could be!!!! love you guys and we will continue praying!!!
cassie and all the fonderhides :)

Anonymous said...

John & Brandi,
It was so good to see you all and spend a little time with you, although it's never enough. You have been in my thoughts heavy ever since I heard about your Dad. Your faith is astounding and reassuring! I love you guys and pray that Bud comes out of this! XO
Love,
Stacy

Anonymous said...

Brandi & Family,
Me and the kids are praying for your Dad and all of you. Thank you for the updates. Your family has always meant a lot to me and I love you all. Your prayers are very uplifting and I am so thankful for them. In our thoughts and prayers.
Love,
Teresa, Laura, Shelby, & Travis