Saturday, February 17, 2007

Saturday evening, Feb. 17, 2007

I wanted to give an update tonight since I am about to travel south back to Marion for the night. Dad has had an okay day today. Lynette talked to his nurse tonight for an update and she said Dad still has his fever of 102. They just put the cooling blanket back on him to try and get his fever down. They did sputum cultures today to see if he has pneumonia or infection in his lungs. They also changed out the ventilator to a less pressurized one since dad was fighting the other one so much. He appears to be resting a little more comfortably with the ventilator. The nurse said she will possibly do blood and urine cultures in teh morning if his temp remains elevated. They are going to do a chest x-ray in the morning as well.
We do have a praise report of God's faithfulness! One of my brother's freinds from his teenage days and his wife came up to visit this afternoon and said my dad means more to him than we would know. He said if it wasn't for my dad, he wouldn't have had his first car! He said he saw dad at the bank a couple of weeks ago and they stood outside and talked for over an hour. He told mom if she needed anything at all to call him. He kept asking mom about the hotel she was staying in, if she needed him to pay for her hotel. Of course mom was saying, "no, I am okay", but he kept on asking and found that tonight was the last night the hotel was paid for. My brother has paid for it all week. Anyway, mom got a call from Rich's wife Missy after they left and she told her that they went by the hotel and paid her room up until March 1st! What a blesssing! God provides in ways we would never even think! He is so faithful! We have seen his hand at work in every circumstance. There is a song we keep singing (my whole family sings!) and it has brought us such comfort! Here are the words.

He's Always Been Faithful To Me ( by Sara Groves)

Morning by morning I wake up to find, the power and comfort of God's hand in mine. Season by season I watch Him amazed, in awe of the mystery of His perfect ways.

Chorus: All I have need of His hand will provide. He's always been faithful to me!

I can't remember a trial or a pain, He did not recycle to bring me gain. I can't remember one single regret in serving God fully and trusting His hand. (back to chorus)

This is my athem this is my song. The theme of the stories I've heard for so long. God has been faithful, He will be again. His loving compassion it knows no end! (back to chorus)

Lord, I thank you for your faithfulness to us. Thank you for all your blessings you have given to us. Thank you for watching over mom and caring for her and being her strength! Continue to watch over Dad tonight and keep him in your care. I pray his nurse would be caring and attentive to his needs. Give the doctors and nurses wisdom in caring for Dad. Watch over our family as we travel to different places, and bring us back safely together in the morning. I love you Lord, with all my heart and I praise you in the storm! You are faithful!!! ~Amen

No comments: