Saturday, January 26, 2008

Trusting in Christ through difficult times . . . .

Please pray for our family. We got a call late Friday night that another family member has passed away. Mark was the husband to John's first cousin Angi. He pastored a church in Anderson, Indiana, the one we always went to when we were home for a visit. John just saw Mark a month ago . . . he and Mark did Grandma King's funeral together. Please pray for Mark's sweet wife Angi, who has always been such an example of a Godly wife and mother to me. Pray for his two sons, his daughter-in-law and two precious grandbabies and for John's Aunt Marceil and Uncle Jim who have lost their dear son-in-law and their pastor. He was loved by their church family and this will be such a difficult time for their church body. They will have a very hard time I am sure tomorrow morning coming together to worship with the absence of their dear brother and pastor. This has come as such a shock and we just cannot believe he is gone! We need to be ready to meet Jesus because we just never know when he will call us home! I am thankful I know where Mark Swan is this very moment! Praise Jesus!



Mark A. Swan
Born in Anderson, Indiana on Dec. 16, 1957
Departed on Jan. 25, 2008 and resided in Anderson, IN.


Anderson - Mark A. Swan, 50, Anderson, died January 25, 2008 at St. Johns Health System, Anderson Indiana after a sudden heart attack.

He was born December 16, 1957 in Anderson, Indiana, and resided in Anderson, Indiana.

He was the Pastor of Grace Bible Fellowship in Anderson since 1989. The greatest desire of his heart was to see souls saved and to warn of the last days of apostasy.

He is survived by his wife and best friend: Angi Swan. Sons: Jared (wife, Priscilla) Swan and Zachary Swan both of Anderson. Parents: Tony and Gaye Swan of Anderson. Father and mother-in-law: Jim and Marcy Davis of Anderson. Brothers and sisters: Linda (husband, Mark) Aleshire of Anderson, Joe (wife, Kathie) Swan of Anderson, Steve (wife, Carolyn) Swan of Atlanta, IN, Peggy (husband, Doug) Meredith of Bowling Green, KY and Missy Kriner of Anderson. Sisters-in-law: Jamie Davis of Noblesville and Stacy (husband, Mark) Brewer of Anderson. Two Granddaughters: Grace Swan and Hannah Swan. Several nieces and nephews and a host of brothers and sisters in Jesus.

He was preceded in death by his brother-in-law: Jim Kriner

Services will be Tuesday, January 29, 2008 at 10:00 AM, at Robert D. Loose Funeral Homes & Crematory, South Chapel, Anderson, Indiana, with Pat Eaks officiating.

Burial will be in East Maplewood Cemetery, Anderson .

Visitation will be from 4-8:00 PM on Monday, January 28, 2008 at Robert D. Loose Funeral Homes & Crematory, South Chapel, Anderson, Indiana.

Memorial Contributions may be made to Grace Bible Fellowship.

http://www.loosefuneralhomes.com/

9 comments:

Jim Davis said...

Dear Ones,
Our hearts are so heavy, but the tears we cry are for us.....Mark is safe in the arms of Jesus.
About 12 hours after Mark passed our neighbor about the same age drop dead in his kitchen. I do not compare the men, but the situations.....in a split second our neighbor faced damnation and Mark had glorification. Neither man had time to pray, but one was prayed up ....ready to go "home".
Thank you for your prayers.
Love, Uncle Jim & Auntie M

Angi Swan said...

John & Brandi,
Good Morning! I just went on the BLOG that Pat set up for our fellowship and while I was on-line I thought I would check out your BLOG.
Thank you for the sweet words and for the call to prayer for me and my family. As well as our church family.
This certainly would not have been my choosing, but I rest in the knowledge of God's Sovereign will.
His ways are past finding out. He does not make mistakes. He is and will work all things for our good. I do not, I can not,I will NOT question His will.
Mark always knew that he would die young. He has told me that for years. When our brother-in-law died in June, at 40, he was devastated, and I think a little jealous. He told me then that he didn't feel he would make it to 50.
He turned 50 in December 2007, he lived 40 days after that. I think there is a prophecy in that somewhere!!!
Recently his "mantra" was "Not too many days left . . ." Meaning soon and very soon we are going to see the King!
When he was in the ER and they were working feverishly on him the hymn that filled my heart was "Safe In The Arms Of Jesus", for he was already there and nothing here on this earth was strong enough to bring him back.

I am resting in the comfort of Jesus' love.
Praise Jesus for a blessed hope!

With love to all,
Angi

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

Oh Brandi- You are so right. I am so encouraged by this. Thank you for telling me to read Angi's response. I have laid "my" Ryan down several times as I have seen him come before my Lord...this happened again this weekend. I never want to love him more than God or seek him more...but in my human flesh I do sometimes. This is just a reminder that I won't stand before RYAN one day but my God. What will I hear? "Well Done" b/c I loved & seved my God above all or "you served Ryan and family well"? (not that God would not want me to serve family well, just in the proper place and way!) I needed this more than you could have ever known. I hate to hear of this loss for your family. But Angi is an inspiration...may all wives learn to rest in their God the way she is, Esp. concerning husbands and children! :)
Love you friend!

Tammy said...

Praying for you and your family during this time.

Anonymous said...

Brandi and John,
I am so thankful that god found Mark and he is now at home with his savior! Although hearts are heavy, God is glorified and what an AMAZING testimony of God's grace in Angi!!! Angi, I am praying for you and I am so thankful you have the great comforter on your side!!! Love ya'll!!! ~Lynette

Unknown said...

Dear John and Brandi, May the God of comfort be with you. What a beautiful testimony from Angie. We just dealt with a death last week at Teen Mania. One of the interns- a girl 19- had a seizure in the night and died. Her sister was killed in a car wreck just 10 months a go. Please pray for the Hearns. Teach us Oh Lord to number our days! We need to be ready to meet the Lord at every moment. Even so ...COME LORD JESUS

Iturblog said...

Awe I'm so sorry John and Brandi! I will continue to keep Mark's family and church family in my prayers. Thank you for your trust in our Sovereign Lord. May He be glorified!

Stacy Lynn said...

Mark was just like a brother to me,I wasn't much bigger than Eli(my 4yr. old) when they began dating and only 7 when they married. He was always there for me and he was always the same. He and Angi stepped up to help me when I became a single mother with a two yr. old, Jacob will, now, be 13 in April. MArk was like a dad to Jacob, and what a great influence and example! They both cared for him when I had to go to work, and treated him like their own. They helped to mold him and discipline him when I was too weak of a person. Mark loved us all enough to always tell us of judgement to come, and it's gonna come for ALL. He was an excellent preacher and an awesome person, we are going to miss him greatly. "We'll understand it better, by and by..."
Love to all!
Stacy

Debi Walter said...

Oh Brandi,

I'm behind in my reading of blogs, and I'm just now hearing of yet another loss in your family. How grateful to know that he is "safe in the arms of Jesus." His wife's post is precious, and it's evidence that God's grace can carry us through the darkest days. Thank you for sharing your life through this blog. It's a privilege to know you!