Wednesday, January 16, 2008

An Old Home


I love old homes! I love antiques! When an antique store we go to every now and then here in Crestview said they were closing and opening in a different location, I had no idea it would be so exciting for me. They bought this old 1920's home and opened their antique store in it. When I saw this house I got so excited and couldn't wait to see inside of it. I know . . . I am crazy! People who know me, know I would have a home like this over a brand new one any day. John and I tried twice to go to visit this house but it was closed each time. We found out it is only open from 10-2 each day and we had been there after 2 each time. So the other day the kids and I went. It was such a history lesson for us all. Come to find out, this was Crestview's very first hospital! If you look to the left you will see an added on room with a door. Apparently that is where people would enter to see a doctor. The inside of the house amazed me. You could tell it had some repairs that needed done you could even see damage, mostly in the ceilings, from a roof leak from years past. It had beautiful wood floors! The bedrooms upstairs would make 2 rooms each nowadays. They were huge! The lady and gentleman who were there working were so kind to answer my many questions and were very sweet to us. I told them I would be back, and next time with my husband. It just made my day to see my kids get excited about a piece of history. We all enjoyed seeing all the old charming features of this very old home full of history.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aunt Brandi, This is Awesome!!! Maybe Mom,Chrissie and I could go and visit this sometime too! That would be so much fun!! This house is Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!! Love Ya!
~Cassie

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful time!! I'd love to come and see it on a visit up there!!

Keylee said...

I love the old houses. this is why we opted to move ours and not build new. We have old look inside but with new heat & water!