Wednesday, July 9, 2008

My Coupon Binder

I know for me, it was helpful to go over to my friend's house and actually see her binder she made so I could understand it better. So I thought I would take pictures of my binder for you to see. This is the outside of my binder. I just made an insert for the front and titled it The Grocery Game.
This is the first page of my binder. Used photo pages that has 3 separate places (for 4x6 photo's). You can get these at Walmart for $1.98 for a pack of 10. I bought 3 packs and used each page. As you see on the first page I have CHECK OUT, THIS WEEK'S COUPONS, and COUPONS TO REFILE. As I go through my list and get my coupons ready, I place them in the THIS WEEK'S COUPONS pouch. As I go through the store and place that item in my cart, I then move that coupon to the CHECK OUT pouch. Sometimes you may get to the store and decided not to buy something or it isn't on sale anymore . . . . that is when you just put that coupon into the COUPONS TO REFILE pouch.
This is actually my last page in my binder. My friend was so kind to send me a list of everything in her binder so I could label all my pouches. She has hers in order of our local Publix but it would work for any store. If you would like this list, just email me or leave a comment with your email address and I will be happy to send this to you as well. Now up in the right hand corner I cut a label in half and wrote what was on each page that way as I flip through my book I can just look at that instead of having to look through each page. I did put tabs on my binder as well but sort of wishing I hadn't done that. It seems too much . . . . but I still love it!
I put the Publix and CVS add in the front of my binder. It is also helpful to have a small pair of scissors in there as well in case you need it. Also, did you know that Publix takes competitors coupons? If you get the midweek paper, it will have an Albertson's flier in it. They have been having a coupon in there for $5 off a $50 order. You can use that at Publix! You can use WinnDixie coupons too at Publix. (the manager at Publix told me and my friend that Publix just bought out Albertson's) We do not have an Albertson's here in our town, but I sure loved using that $5 off coupon the other day! Woot, Woot!

Okay, so there you have it. My new addiction. It is a good addiction to have though. I am so thankful that God has brought this to me. I have been praying and asking God what I could do to serve my husband better. He loves that I am saving him money! He has been cheering me on the whole way. He even spent his day off on Monday going grocery shopping with me so he could better understand what I am doing. Isn't that sweet? He also went to CVS with me last night and it was so much fun doing that together. He was thrilled he got a 20 oz. diet soda that is normally $1.50, for 50 cents! They had them 2/$2 then you got back a $1 in ECB's making it essentially 2/$1. He had said when we got to the store that he was so thirsty . . . . I said, oh good, they have pop on sale!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Colleen Moore said...

YES, I want the list! =D

In case you don't have it...

colleenmoore0301@gmail.com

I'm SO proud of you! I can't wait to get my binder set up!

Love you!
p.s. I'm proud of John too! =D

The Neus... said...

hey coupon sister! Isn't it so fun?..... love your blog and will be checking back regularly!! you go girl with the weight watchers weight loss!! oh yeah!!

xoxo,
Tammy

Colleen Moore said...

Hi again! =D

Hey, can you post some tips for Wal-mart? I have it listed as one of my stores, but when I go there it's talking about price matching...and I'm VERY confused! Would SO appreciate any of your help!

Have I told you lately just how proud I am of you????

Love you girl! =D

Family W said...

Hey Brandi,

What mid-week paper are you referring to? You've really got this coupon thing down to a science..... you go girl! :)