Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Grocery Game - Week 2

Here is what I got this week from CVS:
  • 2 cans reduced fat Pringles (Weight Watcher's friendly!)
  • 2 Febreeze Fabric Refresher
  • 1 Febreeze Air Effects
  • 10 Ultra Dawn dishwashing liquid (this will last a year!)
  • 2 Gillette shaving gels
  • 2 Sure deodorant
  • 4 Olay Body Wash
  • 2 Pantene Pro-V conditioners
  • 1 Venus Vibrations Razor
  • 24 pack of water (free!)
  • 2 diet Pepsi's

Can you believe all of this only cost me under $14.00? I used some coupons from this past Sunday's paper, and used my $20 Extra Care Bucks from last week.

  • Got $111.86 worth of products
  • Paid $44.85 out of pocket
  • Plus I got $31 back in Extra Care Bucks for future purchases

Here is what the Extra Care Bucks look like. They print them out on the end of your receipt.

This week's total savings with CVS, Publix, & WinnDixie:

  • Total Purchased: $349.44 worth
  • Spent: $170.80
  • Saved: $178.64 (that's 51%)
  • Plus I have $31 Extra Care Bucks for future purchases at CVS

I am really shocked at how much I am saving with the grocery game. I think after my trial period is over, I will only sign up with Publix and CVS. I seem to be saving so much at these stores. WinnDixie is good too, but I usually just go there for their buy one get one free deals and all of those are in their ad so I can just look at it and see if I want to go there that week.

I have spent almost $300 so far this month in household items and groceries together. I only have $200 left for the month . . . . we will see how it goes! Oh I wanted to mention I am understanding the idea of stock piling much better now that I am doing it. Like for instance, CVS had the Dawn Dish Soap on sale 2/$2. For every 2 you buy you get $1 back in ECB's. So I got my limit, which was 10 bottles for $10 but I got $5 back in ECB's so it was like paying only $5 or 50 cents a piece! That is why I bought so many. I can put them in the pantry and have them for a very long time. I won't have to buy any until next year! YAY! This is so much fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job Aunt Brandi! I am sure uncle John is very happy you started this! :-)

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

I CAN'T WAIT TO SHARE THIS WITH RYAN. I MEANT TO ASK YOU MORE ABOUT IT TONIGHT.
:)