Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Grocery Game


Have y'all heard of The Gorcery Game yet? I kept hearing about it and even saw it on a morning show a few months back. I went on the website and looked it over and even signed up for $1 trial month. Well I cancelled it before I did anything with it because I didn't understand it. I am such a visual learner! Well I found out a friend of mine has been doing it for the past several months and she said it really has saved her hundreds of dollars a month! So our families got together and she and I sat down and she walked me through the whole thing! I came away that night so excited to try again. I re-registered with the site and printed my lists and today was the big day. (I wish I had taken a picture of all the stuff I bought!) The children and I went out for our first day of shopping with coupons in hand and our list prepared. I am shocked at what I got today.

Bought $315.16 worth of stuff

Spent $122.90

Saved $192.26 (61%)

Plus I walked away from CVS with $19.97 in Extra Credit Bucks (ECB) to spend before the end of the month.

John went to Sam's today and bought meat, butter and laundry soap. I don't think we will have to return to Sam's until next month - and we use to spend ALOT at Sam's.

Our goal is to get our budget set under $500 a month for groceries and household items. We'll see if we can do it. With The Grocery Game I think we can!
A big thanks to my friend (you know who you are)! You are an example of Titus 2. You took time out of your schedule to sit with me and give me instruction on how I can serve my family better with this "game". I really appreciate your example!

4 comments:

Colleen Moore said...

All right, put me on your schedule...I want to hear about this! lol

I, too, am visual, but i don't think I can swing a trip up just yet...do you think we could talk over the phone????

I love how God just weaves us all together for different times in our lives! He's SO amazing!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

You are doing great with this! I am excited to get started this next week! Should be lots of fun!

Iturblog said...

That looks awesome, I'll have to check that out! Thanks for the link!

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

WELL I WANNA KNOW WHO YOUR FRIEND IS SO SHE CAN FILL ME IN ON ALL THESE SAVINGS!!!1

GUESS YOU WILL JUST HAVE TO. I WILL CHECK OUT THE SITE...BUT I TOO AM A VISUAL LEARNER! :)