Sunday, May 11, 2008

My momma got hitched!

Here is mom before the ceremony . . . so pretty!
My brother looking very handsome, walking my mom down the aisle.
Dexter and Mom saying their vows.
Mr. & Mrs. Dexter Franklin


Okay some of you may be saying . . .WHAT? I know! Mom called me a month ago and said she had met the sweetest man at a church she visited. Well, they just seemed to fall in love at first sight and believed that God had brought them together. It was only a few days after seeing each other that they became engaged and then planned a wedding for 3 weeks later. Yesterday was the big day! When mom had called me to tell me about it, I knew I would be unable to attend since I was having surgery. I would have loved to have been there but God has given me a peace about not being able to go. I guess it wasn't meant for me to be there. The nice thing is that Dexter and Mom will be coming for a visit in June so I will get to meet him then. Life sure is interesting, huh? I know my dad would have wanted my mom to marry again and have someone to live the rest of her life with. I have to say that this is a blessing to both mom and Dexter. His wife passed away last November. Isn't God kind to bless them with each other? I can't imagine losing my spouse . . . .that has to be a very lonely road to travel. So as hard as this may be to get use to, I am very happy for both of them. I also have gained two sisters and their families . . . . whom I haven't met either but am looking forward to getting to know.
God is good!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a blessing. May the Lord Jesus Christ be honored and glorified in their marriage. May all their children have peace!

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

Great pictures Brandi.
Ditto to Mary Beth's comment...well
said! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! I did say, "What? Is she kidding???" Praise the Lord for this blessing! I am so glad it wasn't a joke!