Friday, March 9, 2007

Be still and know . . . . . .

"Be still and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth."
Psalms 46:10

Yesterday I posted the sunset and today is the sunrise. I took this when my sweetie took me to Vero Beach, FL. for our 15th wedding anniversary last July. I couldn't wait to awake early every morning and go out onto the balcony and watch the sunrise and take as many pictures as I could of it. There is something about the rising and setting of the sun that just amazes me. It reminds me that God is in control of all things. When I begin to question why things happen the way they do, I sometimes get overwhelmed with not having the answers to my questions. God so gently reminds me that He is in control and I do not need to know all the answers but to trust Him who knows all things. He is my comfort in times of need! I can be still and know that He is God and He will be exalted among the nations and the earth.

Lord, I thank you today for the reminder that you are my comfort. You are the one who gives and you are the one who takes away. Thank you that even in loss, my heart chooses to say, Lord blessed be Your name! You amaze me oh Lord with your grace that sustains me. You are my refuge! Draw me closer to you and never let me go . . . . amen!


No comments: