Monday, September 17, 2007

God is so good!

What a joy it was to see Chrissie and Cassie be baptized by their Uncle John! They have desired for this to happen for a few years now. God in his sovereignty has placed them here with us and we couldn't be more happier! Lynette was also baptized but requested her video not make the blog! :o) You can go to The Smith Girl's blog to read what Chrissie posted there about being baptized. She tried to upload the video's to her blog but for some reason they are not showing up. www.GodsFaithfulnessContinues.blogspot.com

I am reminded of this quote by C.J Mahaney:

"What am I? Well, here is what I am. I am the worst sinner I know. And by the grace of God I am doing better than I deserve. For I deserve the righteous wrath of God because of my sin. I deserve to be punished eternally. But in the mystery of His mercy, God sacrificed and crushed His Son on the Cross--as my substitute--so that I might be forgiven of my sin and know God as my Father rather than my Judge. What am I? I am truly amazed by the grace of God. That's what I am." ~ C.J. Mahaney Together for the Gospel Blog

2 comments:

Iturblog said...

I think it is so cool that your neices were able to be baptized by their Uncle John! :) How special that must have been for them! I'm sorry I missed it! (Danny had to work and wasn't sure when he'd be able to get off...needed me for a ride home...which turned out being after 9 at night!) Great videos tho', thanks so much for thinking to post them! I tried the link to The Smith Girl's blog but it wouldn't work. LOVE the quote by C.J.--Isn't that the truth?! God is SO GOOD to us!!

Anonymous said...

Every time I read CJ's quote I grow to love it more and more and see MYSELF in it more clearly! Thanks for the post...that Lynette is funny! :)