Friday, May 11, 2007

Pedicure anyone?

Saturday mom and I got to join 8 other ladies from our church here for a Girl's Day out! Here is mom getting a pedicure!


Here I am on the left and my friend Megan on the right, enjoying every minute of those massaging chairs they have there! :o)


The Johnson Care Group wanted to bless 3 ladies with a little pampering! Adrienne, in the red shirt, had a precious little baby named David, 3 months early who has since went to be with Jesus. Adrienne is such an example to all who know her of strength and having a heart for God. She has taught me so much in this short time I have come to call her my friend.
Shannon, in the purple shirt, is due to have her baby the end of May. She has 2 handsome little boys who keep her busy so we were sure she needed some pampering! Shannon is always smiling and spreads joy wherever she goes!
Here is Brittany, whom people get her and I confused . . . at least our names! They call her Brandi and me Brittany! Brittany is such a wonderful person I have been blessed to know. She has such a big heart! Her and her husband recently adopted a precious little 6 month old girl, already having an 18 month old girl at home. Brittany has opened her heart to this little one and has so much patience during this season of her life. We thought she needed a little pampering as well!

After our morning of pampering, we went to lunch and was able to share with these three ladies evidence of God's grace that we see in their lives. It was an ecouraging day for all of us! God is so good to give us such great ladies to live out our lives with on a daily basis! I love you all!!
pictured from left to right: Sue (my mom), Brandi, Megan, Adrienne, Shelly, Lisa, Kendra, Roxanne, Brittany, Shannon.
A fun picture of all our toes after having pedicures. This was such a fun day! Mom and I went over to Destin after this and had a little mother-daughter shopping time! We left that morning at 9:30 and didn't get home until after 6 p.m.! What a wonderful day we had!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I am almost jealous...not really, just my toes are tepmted to be jealous! :) I am so glad y'all were able to do this and what a blessing I know it was to those 3 as well as ALL of you! I have heard GREAT things about that day from many ladies! Thanks for serving others in this way! :)

Unknown said...

What fun! It is so great that you can spend time with your mom. God is good.

Anonymous said...

OH..... It looks like you all had a great time. I want to go!!! I hope your mom is enjoying herself in the sunshine state. Tell her I said Hello
LOVE YOU ALL,
Leslee, from the cold state

Anonymous said...

What a great idea to bless these moms! Looks like you all had so much fun:) It was neat to catch a glimpse of these women who I know but don't have the opportunity to get to know very well.

Thanks Brandi. You're a blessing too:)