Friday, August 22, 2008

Kristen's 10th Birthday!


Yesterday we celebrated Kristen's 10th birthday! I can't believe my youngest is double digits. Where has the time gone? We were suppose to go to Gainesville to see friends this weekend and Kristen was so looking forward to celebrating her birthday with her best friend Katie, but Topical Storm Fay has made us have a change of plans. That's okay. We had a good time here at home celebrating with Aunt Net, and cousins Chrissie, and Cassie. Cassie made Kristen's birthday cake which was so delicious! John wanted to get Kristen flowers so she got a dozen pink roses which I put some into a little pink vase I had already purchased for her. And we bought her an alarm clock since hers was broken. It too is pink of course! We gave her some money in a card to be able to purchase some clothes or Build A Bear, or just whatever she wants to spend it on. Chrissie made Kristen some personal stationary and bought her a foo foo pen which she loves! Plus Aunt Net gave her some money too. Us girls went shopping after supper. Kristen got two pairs of shoes and a pair of bright yellow shorts! Plus she has a lot of money left over. She cracks me up though . . . .if it is over $10, she doesn't like it so much. We would show her tops or pants and when she saw how much they were depended on if she liked it. Isn't that the way it goes when you have to spend your own money? If it were my money she would say, oh mommy I love it!

Yesterday would have also been my dad's 62nd birthday. He gets to celebrate in Heaven . . . what a celebration he is having . . . . and he gets to do it forever, not just one special day! I am happy Kristen was born on her grandpa's birthday. I know he loved that too. I miss him so much. I miss him calling Kristen and saying Happy Birthday to her and she saying Happy Birthday back. It was such a special thing between them.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had fun last night! I cannot believe she is 10! We love you Kristen!!!!!!

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

It was so nice to have time with Kristin on her birthday. Glad y'all had some family fun! :)