Monday, August 11, 2008

I love painting . . . .

Kristen's new room before picture.
Kristen seeing her room for the first time after the Smith Girls and I painted it.
It's bright BUT she loves it. It will match her bedding perfectly and we found an adorable curtain that we can't wait to hang.
I guess I should back up and get every one caught up with what is happening with us. We will be moving by the end of this month into a home owned by friends in our church. They were renting this home out to another family in our church who bought a home and are moving out. Our lease at the home we have been renting since moving here in Sept. 2006 will end Sept. 1st. So, it all worked out for the other family to move out while we move in and the owners of the home will not go without renters. The home is a little smaller than the one we are renting now but we think it will be a better fit for us. The yard is big and fenced in and FLAT! We have a hill now in our backyard which is not only useless but really hard to mow. Our kids hardly ever play outside here. The new home also has a screened in backporch which we will use a lot! And my favorite thing about moving is . . . .I get to paint! YAY! The current renters have been so kind to give us a key and told us to come anytime and paint the rooms as they empty them. So today we painted Kristen's room and the dining room (which will be John's home office). Thank you Lisa for letting us come and get painting done. It is such a blessing to get this done before we actually move in. Thank you for your kindness!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks so cute! I am glad she liked it so much!

Rabens Family said...

I love the colors! I can't wait to see it all decorated. I love painting too, but it is a little more difficult to do with my two little helpers.

Family W said...

It looks great! :)

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

It looks even better in person!!!!!
E is enjoying sleeping in "Kristen's" room for a little while. ALL the rooms look great. You must post the other work you have done as it looks like a totally different home! :)

Lydia said...

That's so cool! Tell Kristen I really like her room.

Colleen Moore said...

Bri's gonna be SO jealous! It's BEAUTIFUL!

Hey, while I'm thinking of it...did you say Publix doubles coupons??? If not, does anyone???

Thanks!

p.s. Come by and paint our house ANY TIME! lol