Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I'm alive!

I know it has been forever since my last post! Things have been a bit busy in the Lenfestey household this month.
I went with Lynette to pick up Chrissie and Cassie in New Orleans from a MissionX trip they were apart of. I hope to post some pictures on here of that when they download them to my computer. Lynette I couldn't believe the devastation that still exists there. Just driving through on I-10 you could see homes ripped apart and apartment places barely standing. It was like a ghost town in parts. It is so very sad. I cannot imagine what it was like 2 years ago. One of the families who hosted lunch for the team everyday, had just moved into a house to rent (across the street from their home being built) and she said they had been living in and out of families homes and a camper for 2 years! She was so joyful though and you could sense God's presence in her life. She said she was thankful for Katrina and that God was so good to them. That just amazes me! Anyway, even in their neighborhood, there were tons of homes vacant and some with X's on them waiting to be torn down. It is just so sad!
Our church has a contract to purchase almost 8 acres here in Crestview! We are so excited that God has opened the door for this to happen. At closing, the seller is even going to give back to our church almost $100,000 that we are using as our down payment! Who does that? God! So since we are moving to Crestview in the future we needed to change the name of our church because there is 3 other New Life's in Crestview! So our new name is CrossWay Community Church. I love it! John and the pastor have been working so hard at getting everything changed over to our new name. Our new website is http://www.crosswayfl.org/ . Check it out!
One of the reasons they have been working hard at getting it all changed over to our new name is because our church is also being blessed with a MissionX team this week here! We are so excited to be getting a team of 23 people to help spread the name change to our community! We will be going door to door passing out fliers in Crestview, Bluewater, Niceville and Val P. Pray for our church and for this MissionX team that God would open the door for evangelism and that lost would come to know Christ. We have a blog for the MissionX team for Niceville if you are interested. I plan on updating it as I can. It is http://www.mission-x-niceville.blogspot.com/ .
God is so good to us!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew you were alive and most of the stuff you posted here...but still good to see you post! I love you! :)

Anonymous said...

Brandi
How good it is to have this computer back again. It has been down for a month and recently I had gotten it back. I missed reading your blogs! I hope all is well and everyone is doing well. I am excited to hear about the new church, and Lynette and the girls moving closer.

Julie

Anonymous said...

Hey Brandi,

Where are we? We just have to be one of the most significant things that have happened in your July!

I can't believe you could leave us out! Unforgivable! Can you guess who this is?