Tuesday, April 17, 2007

South Beach Diet


Okay folks! The real reason I started this blog was so I could be held accountable to losing weight. We were doing good, but then the tragedy with my sweet dad happened. I was not focused on losing weight during that time as I am sure you can understand. But, John and I really want to get back to fighting the fight against being overweight. There are so many families here in our church who are doing the South Beach Diet. John really wants to do this diet, thinking since we are with these families a lot, it will make it easier on us to just be able to eat what they are eating and vice versa. So, we are going to join them starting today! I must admit I already cheated! I forgot I was on this diet and ate a peice of my birthday cake!!!! Well, I actually only ate a few bites before I realized what I had done, then got up and threw out the entire cake so it will not tempt me!
Please pray for us . . . I am serious! I know this diet will be hard for me since phase one you cannot have any carbs or sugars at all! YIKES! I am expecting a pretty big headache by morning. :o)
"Whatever you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God."
1 Cor. 10:31
I will be finding new recipes and posting them if we like them. If any of you have any recipes that you have tried and love, please email me those as well at lenfestey5@aol.com . Thanks so much!

No comments: