Monday, October 13, 2008

5 Hour Beef Stew

This recipe was so delicious that I wanted to share it with you! I had company coming over at 1 p.m. on Sunday after church so was able to prepare this the night before and put it in the fridge and then put it in the oven Sunday morning at 8 a.m.. When we got home, dinner was ready, and all enjoyed it!

5 Hour Beef Stew

6-8 potatoes cubed
4 stalks celery chopped
5-6 carrots chopped
2 medium onions chopped
3 lbs. beef for stew (I used a roast and cut it up since I bought it BOGO free!)
3 T. Dry Tapioca
2 T. sugar
S&P
1 - 12 oz. V8 Juice (I used hot and spicy)

Layer potatoes, celery, carrots, onion in a crock or deep pan. Sprinkle dry tapioca, sugar, salt and pepper over top. Place cubed beef pieces on top and pour V8 juice on top. Cover with lid and place in oven at 250 degrees for 5 hours . . .no peeking! This is one yummy dish!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmhhmm! :-)

Lydia said...

that sounds good, I might try it!

Anonymous said...

OOO! I LOVE this!!! :-D

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

I am so glad this turned out so well for you. We will certainly try it. Sounds DELICIOUS! :)