Tuesday, October 9, 2007

We are home!

We made it home last night. We had a great time! I will update with pictures as soon as I get through them all. The Battle of 1812 was awesome!
We also enjoyed the long overdue family reunion on John's side of the family. The leave were just beginning to change so we didn't end up getting to see the full season of that. And Indiana had record breaking heat for October while we were there! The nights were cool but the days were in the 90's! Not the cool fall air we were hoping for, but it was still nice. We ended up taking Chrissie and Cassie to Indiana with us so they could spend time with their dad. They had a great time as well. Here is a picture of our family that Chrissie took at the park where I use to play as a little girl. I use to catch crawdads and squish them into a Pepsi bottle. I spent many hours playing in that creek with my sister and friends! It is fun to see my kids enjoy that same park as I did as a child. We are very grateful we were able to go "home" and see our families. But it is so good to be HOME! This is home to us and we are so very grateful to be here!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home, Brandi--I missed you!

Love,
Cassie

Anonymous said...

Glad y'all are home. I love the pic. I understand you enjoying them in the park. I feel the same way when my children are in GA on my grandparents' farm. Thanks for the help with the bog trouble! :)
love you!

Kendra said...

Yeah you are home!!! :) I will be glad to see all of you on sunday! :)

Debi Walter said...

Welcome back! I'm sorry the Florida heat followed you back home. I know how refreshing it is to breathe in that autumn air. I hear a cool front is heading our way this weekend - yea!!!

smithgangmom said...

Brandi and John!
So good to see what's up in your lives! We miss you- Be sure you include Dallas in your next vacation!
Love,
Brian and Amy

Iturblog said...

Welcome home! I'm glad you had a good trip...so sweet about playing in the park! I like going home to Orlando and seeing T ask to be taken to Wadview park where I used to play as a child (tho' it is much different now with new equipment and cut down trees!). I love the picture...didn't realize Johnathan was that tall!