Saturday, June 28, 2008

Weight Watchers


Well, I am almost completly healed and feel so much better since surgery. Praise the Lord! I am now ready to start a journey that I know will be long but I know God will give me His strength daily to make it through. John and I and 4 other people started Weight Watchers this past Monday. The week has been rough at times but for the most part it has been really good and actually pretty easy. This is something I have wanted to do for some time now. I did Weight Watchers when we lived in Orlando and lost weight and liked the whole points thing. I found it very easy to follow. But with my husband not doing it with me, it made it hard on me to stick with it. I got discouraged. Since being here in the panhandle, John and I did South Beach once and lost some weight but it only lasted two weeks. I knew that it wasn't the diet for me. I really wanted to go back to WW but John was hesitant. After finding a doctor whom we LOVE and asked his advice, he recommended Weight Watchers! So John decided to give it a try. It has been a good week and God has shown us things that we need to see . . . sin that we have been comfortable with for many years. Self control in our eating has been lacking for years. John loves to cook and I love to bake and we both love to eat! But we are learning that we can still enjoy cooking and baking and even eating . . . . but doing that with creativity and limitations! God has been so faithful to me this week. I am encouraged already and our official "weigh in" isn't until Monday. I really want to change in this area of my life not only for the benefits it will give me but most importantly I want to glorify God through this. So in saying all of this . . . . I would appreciate your prayers and accountability in this area. Most who read this are probably family members from afar, but even if you make a comment and just ask me how I am doing with WW, would be very helpful to me. Thank you so much!!! One thing that has been VERY helpful is having 5 other people on this journey with me. We started a blog of our own that is private, that we can just share our struggles and also encourage each other along. Some have posted scriptures that have been very meaningful and were posted at just the right time to bring encouragement, and others have posted what God is doing in their lives through this. I think we all understand that God is after what is in our hearts and he is faithful to show us these things as we travel this road together.
Are any of you doing weight watchers? I would love to hear from you and swap recipes and things we have learned, etc. Leave a comment and let me know what has worked for you or not worked for you. I can use all the help I can get!

No comments: